The changes in our lifestyle and the erratic working patterns have forced people to switch to easier and quicker food options.
Let's have a look at the good and bad of fast food:
1. Time SavingAs the name suggests, fast food is the food that can be cooked quickly and yet tastes delicious. People today, especially the youth resort to fast food, over healthier options to suit their work life. It saves a lot of time and energy and still fill up the stomach.
2. Tastier OptionCooked to please the taste buds, fast food is exceptionally delicious. The variety of food served by quick service restaurants and smaller local joints leave people spoilt for choice.
3. Healthier OptionsWith the changing time, increased awareness and health consciousness amongst the youth, there are now healthier fast food options making their way in the taste palate of people. Healthy sandwiches, rolls and buns are now a part of the fast food clan.
4. Cheaper OptionResorting to fast food is a much cheaper choice that one makes. This is one of the prime reasons for school, college and office going individuals opting for fast food.
5. Devoid of NutrientsWhat is a known fact is that, fast food is far from being nutritious. The vitamins required to produce energy and increase the immunity of the body are absent in these foods.
6. Increased Fat ContentFast Food is famous for its ample use of butter, cheese, oil and other fatty ingredients. With the increased consumption of burgers and pizzas obesity has become a grave issue seen amongst people today.
7. Addictive OptionConsuming fast food on a regular basis can prove to be addictive. This habit makes it difficult for people to shift to healthier and nutritious food that is good and recommended for maintaining good physical health.
8. Cause of diseasesWhen fast food is not consumed in appropriate quantities, the excess fat, salt and spice content in the food can lead to a number of diseases. Commonly noticed are diabetes, heart problems, obesity and other liver diseases.
Having listed down the good and bad of consuming fast food, it is evident that the negatives overpower the positives of eating fast food. Hence, it is important that we control our craving for fast food and consume it in reasonable quantity.