Saturday, November 14, 2009
The footprints were found in the South Island region of Nelson - the first evidence of the dinosaur's existence in the country.
Geologist Greg Browne of the New Zealand government-owned research organisation, G.N.S. Science, found the footprints while he was investigating rock and sediment formations in Whanganui inlet at Golden Bay, said a press release of Tourism New Zealand here.
The footprints were in six locations spread over an area of about 10km.
Browne said the prints were made by sauropods - large herbivorous dinosaurs with long necks and tails and pillar-like legs.
Palaeontologist Hamish Campbell said the find was 'hugely exciting' and added: 'We will now go and examine rocks of comparable age.'
Browne said the footprints were made in beach sands and were probably quickly covered and preserved by mud from subsequent tides.
'What makes this discovery special is the unique preservation of the footprints in an environment where they could easily have been destroyed by waves, tides, or wind.'
Up to 20 footprints were found at one location and the depressions are roughly circular, with the largest about 60cm in diameter. Most are smaller, typically between 10cm and 20cm in diameter, and were probably formed by dinosaurs between 2m and 6m in length and weighing several tonnes, said Browne.
Dinosaur bones, mostly vertebrae, have been found at three locations - northern Hawkes Bay, Port Waikato, and the Chatham Islands.
Browne said the footprints added a considerable amount of information about how dinosaurs moved, how fast they moved and how big they were.
'This discovery opens the way for further study on a range of dinosaur-related issues in New Zealand.'
Browne's discovery will be published in the December issue of New Zealand Journal of Geology & Geophysics.
Thursday, July 9, 2009
2. Find a way to change everyone's password to "chrysanthemum".
3. Around 3:20am, play connect-the-dots with lights still on in other office buildings. Keep going until you see a small woodland creature.
4. Sneaking in the boss's desk could land you an unexpected promotion.
5. Draw stick people in all the landscape pictures on the walls, and in the morning, be the first to point out "what a terrible thing that someone did this to such beautiful works of art".
6. Go into the other gender's bathroom without fear of being caught.
7. Run up and down the hallways screaming, hoping security will come so you can have someone to talk to.
8. Leave prank messages on the CEO's voice mail.
9. Finally, a chance to live out a dream and pretend to be your boss.
10. Elevator surfing!
9. When was the last time you tuned in to "Melrose Place" and got a "Error 404" message?
8. There are fewer grating color schemes on TV--even on MTV.
7. The family never argues over which Web site to visit this evening.
6. A remote control has fewer buttons than a keyboard.
5. Even the worst TV shows never excuse themselves with an "Under Construction" sign.
4. Seinfeld never slows down when a lot of people tune in.
3. You just can't find those cool Health Rider infomercials on the Web.
2. Set-top boxes don't beep and whine when you hook up to HBO.
1. You can't surf the Web from a couch with a beer in one hand and Doritos in the other.
The government plans to launch the submarine without over-publicity. Earlier, the launching of the submarine was scheduled to be on July 26, but the date has been changed as it happens to be the Kargil Victory Day and the Government has no motive to send any message to the neighbourhood.
The submarine is going to be tested on Indians' eastern seaboard and earlier plans of moving it to Karwar, Goa have been shelved for the time being. The ATV project was launched in mid 1980s and is now headed by the Vice Admiral, B Kanan.
The need for a nuclear submarine was felt by New Delhi as Beijing is moving towards a sea-based doctrine and already has one Xia class and two Jin class nuclear submarines with JL-1 and 2 series submarine-launched nuclear missiles. Each of these submarines carries up to 12 JL-1 or 2 strategic missiles. Even Pakistan has eight tactical submarines that have deep sea diving capability with advanced air propulsion and Harpoon missiles.
- Agile development goes on iteration where each feature is released over a cycle. Without proper change management, the iteration can go into loop or lose the the focus. So for any agile methodology, the PM and the team should be very focussed and well aware of what they are doing.
- In most of the places Agile methodology is not implemented as it is meant to be. It is does not stay in focus it will lead to failures.
- Agile emphasizes that face-to-face, spontaneous conversation is the best form of communication. While we can certainly agree on the benefits of this form of communication, it severely limits agile applicability. Moreover, this agile principle extends beyond the development team since other stakeholders such as business analysts are required to be collocated.
So when a team member has a doubt in a use case for that matter that they can go and clarify that doubt with the higher official, and then for the effective stakeholder participation, and to involve them in the same office space is rather difficult, and this is a limitation to me, as effective stakeholder participation is very important in agile applications. So there is a limit of office space where agile was not in picture before it is just that now everybody wants to be agile.
Thursday, June 11, 2009
For Java Application you need lots of libraries, files and some specific environment on client machine too, Which is not been required in PHP.
PHP is arguably better option because of
To start this kind of debate one needs to reach an optimal point between business and technology. PHP is undoubtedly a better performer in terms of speed and performance. With added feature of full object support and support to service oriented architecture, in internet and web arena, PHP is a better player. It is a true fact that Java is advanced in terms of system communication and application control, but Java lacks in two areas.
1. A java based application can not run without JVM. This suggest that you have to do away with the group of users who donot have permission to install JVM in their system.
2. Java is slow and it adds woes to dial up network based user
Thursday, June 4, 2009
What you do is stop reacting to them.Be an observer. Energy flows where mind goes. When you stop reacting to them you basically stop feeding them energy and you do not let them gain power. When you continue to practice it they will become weak and stop bothering you.
3. If the band width is low then Ajax performance will degrade Ex: check gmail when net is slow.
4. Also it is not SEO friendly.
5. Makes a barrier for Web crawlers and spiders
Wednesday, June 3, 2009
Atasha Chaku Melbourne, May 29 (PTI) In a fresh attack targeting Indians in Australia, a student suffered up to 30 per cent burns after a suspected petrol bomb was hurled at him in his home in Sydney. According to local newspaper for Indian community, South Asia Times, 25-year-old Rajesh Kumar was quickly covered by a blanket by his flatmate after the attack yesterday, an act which saved him from further injuries.
Kumar was sitting on his bed in the front room of his rented house when an unknown person threw what neighbours say was a small petrol bomb through his window. The explosion and subsequent fire left Kumar with burns to a third of his body.
The latest attack came as Shravan Kumar, a 25-year-old student from Andhra Pradesh, was fighting for life in a hospital here after being stabbed by a screwdriver by a group of teens in a weekend attack that also left three of his friends injured. Doctors have said they were not very optimistic about Kumar's recovery.
Another student Baljinder Singh, stabbed by two attackers with a screwdriver early this week, has been released from hospital today.There have been numerous attacks on Indian students in the recent past. Though the cases are reported, but the action is very mild due to which the frequency of such occurrences has increased. Though the Indian government has taken a tough stand this time, what’s the permanent solution to this? Or are we going to lose our youth to racist attacks? Should students be discouraged to take foreign courses? Do foreign countries need lessons in behaviour? What should the Indian government do? How do we stop this? Tell us
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
- All page MUST be XHTML compliant. Use below DOCTYPE,
- All page built should pass the validation in the below site. Keep validating the content as you build them using http://validator.w3.org/#validate_by_input+with_options
- All CSS should be placed externally and there SHOULD NOT be any usage of inline CSS. All CSS must be validated against http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/#validate_by_input
MUST BE COMPATIBLE with major browser list below
- IE - 6,7,8
- Use Reset CSS to nullify the element spacing difference across browsers. http://yui.yahooapis.com/2.7.0/build/reset/reset-min.css