A great adult chocolate treat. A stout is an ale traditionally made with roasted malt or barley and typically one of the stronger beers. A good chocolate stout's flavor is really brought out and celebrated in this dessert shake. Find a quality chocolate stout at a local fine wine or liquor store.
- 1/4 cup chocolate stout beer or stout beer
- 1/2 cup prepared chocolate fudge ice cream topping
- 1/2 gallon vanilla bean ice cream
- 1 cup milk
- 6 purchased chocolate-and-nut-covered pretzel rods (optional)
- In a small saucepan heat beer and chocolate topping until warm and combined. Cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a blender combine ice cream and milk, half at a time. Cover and blend until combined. Divide ice cream mixture among 8 glasses. Drizzle with chocolate sauce and, if desired, serve with chocolate-covered pretzel rods. Makes 8 servings.