Google AdSense

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Learn to value your life

As we journey through life, we often look at our circumstances and begin to believe stories that better opportunities are available else where. When in actual fact, the life we seek is right here, just where we are now. We should enjoy the journey and be grateful for what we have achieved, and what we currently have.

Here is a short story to illustrate my point...

Its taken from 'Acres Of Diamonds' by Russel Conwell and written in the late 1800's.

This is a story about a man out in California, who, in 1847, owned a ranch out there. He read that gold had been discovered in southern California, and he sold his ranch to a Colonel Sutter and started off to hunt for gold.

Colonel Sutter put a mill on the little stream in that farm, and one day his little girl brought some wet sand from the raceway of the mill into the house and placed it before fire to dry, and as that sand was falling through the little girl's fingers, a visitor saw the first shining scales of real gold that were ever discovered in California. But the man who wanted the gold had sold his ranch and gone away to look for it.

Whatever we require in life is always right here, and we should be grateful for it.

Everyday, at the end of the day, think about...

# What am I happy about today?

# What did I accomplish today?

# Who did I help today?

# What changes to my life did I make today?

# What did I learn today?

# What am I positive about today?

# What obstacles did I overcome today?

# What did I laugh about today?

No comments:

Post a Comment