Google AdSense

Sunday, August 8, 2010

The Secret Ingredient to Eating Healthy on the Road

As I am about to embark on yet another weekend trip, I realized there is one thing I have used over and over this summer and it has really helped me eat right along the way: MY COOLER!

If you don't own a cooler, you need to go buy one now and here's why... Something as simple as bringing a drink and some fruit can save you from making an unhealthy trip to the snack stand or drive-thru. This summer I have taken more trips than I can count and I always go with a cooler.

Related: Beat the heat tonight with one of these tasty no-cook meals

I grew up using a cooler for all the trips we took as a family and was pretty good about packing food when it was just me and Mike but now that we travel with a toddler I never leave home without some nourishment. Packing healthy snacks and drinks not only saves me time and stress but it also saves me money and the disappointment of settling for a less than desirable snack or meal.

We have a variety of cooler bags here at our house. Depending on how many people I am packing for I use small or large ones. I also have a bunch of reusuable ice packs to keep the food cold. You can make a $20 investment (cooler + ice packs) and be well on your way to saving that many times over once you stop buying food and drinks while you are out. It's not just about the money of course. It's swimsuit season and I would much rather have a seltzer and a peach at the beach than a big basket of hot greasy fries.

Bonus: Makeover your upper body with these simple moves

So if you don't have a cooler, go buy one. A great website is www.reuseit.com - check it out or you can simply go to your local grocery store, Walmart, Target, even the drug store to get a cooler today! Trust me, a cooler can save your summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment