Spring's warmer weather and the change of the season can have an impact on your skin. More moisture in the air and sunshine in the forecast could make your skin more oily than usual and even cause it to breakout more often. You'll need to make some changes to your daily skincare routine to accommodate for the change of the season and prepare it for some fresh new color palettes in the makeup department.
Here are just six ways to revive your skin for spring:
1. Bring on the sunscreen. More sunshine in the weather forecast means you need to be extra careful about sun protection. Make sure you're wearing a light layer of sunscreen under makeup, and using sunscreen-infused makeup products.
2. Keep up the moisture level. Moisturizing your skin after cleansing and toning is essential for keeping skin smooth, supple and looking youthful. Make sure you are drinking plenty of water throughout the day, and are using a high-quality moisturizer day and night.
3. Switch to mineral makeup. Say goodbye to heavy foundation as the weather warms up and switch to a more natural, mineral makeup line. You can still get a flawless look with mineral makeup and it will feel much better on your face and neck when you spend more time outdoors. Use a makeup primer to keep makeup in place and to create that smooth and flawless finish you want.
4. Use a deep pore cleansing mask once per week. Keep your skin blemish-free and prevent breakouts by deep-cleaning the pores at least once per week. If you find that you're sweating more than usual during the spring months, you'll need to take extra steps to keep those pores free of oil and dirt. A deep pore cleansing mask could be just what you need to keep skin clear through the spring months.
5. Exfoliate regularly. Winter season may have left you with dry and flaky skin, or rough patches of skin that are difficult to mask with makeup. Buff away those dead skin cells using a facial scrub or buffing cloth, or head to the spa for a microdermabrasion treatment. Your skin will look and feel fresher, softer and more toned with regular exfoliation sessions.
6. Throw out old skincare and makeup products. Make sure you're not holding on to makeup and skincare products that have expired or you could risk getting some serious breakouts. Old makeup and skincare products can also clog the pores and make your skin look dull. Check the expiration dates on all of your beauty products and do some "spring cleaning" as needed.